The Fine Print
WHOLESALE ONLY. Minimum plant order $750 in US/Canada. Prices FOB our nursery.
- We will acknowledge your order soon after you place it. As actual harvest grades and counts come in, we will know more accurately what we will ship and call you if there are significant concerns.
- We will do our best to ship the sizes and quantities we confirm. However we occasionally need to substitute a size smaller or larger than we confirmed unless you specify “no substitutions”.
Deposits and Payment
- If you are on Pay in Advance (PIA) terms you must submit a 25% deposit within a month after our confirmation to reserve plants. If you cancel your spring order after January 15, you may forfeit your deposit.
- Unpaid balance of the order, including freight, must be received at minimum 3 weeks before scheduled ship date to avoid delay.
- Orders not secured by a deposit will receive lower priority in the event of crop shortage.
- No new orders will be confirmed if your account is past due.
- A 3% surcharge will be added to all Credit Card payments
- To established customers with a record of timely payment, we extend Net 30 days terms.
- PIA customers must prepay for plants and shipping costs based on our best estimate of total charges. Over-payment will be refunded or credited to a future order.
- To request credit terms, customers must complete the credit application available online and mail it to our office.
- Verifying credit can take up to 3 weeks. Please allow sufficient time before your order is scheduled to ship. We will establish a reasonable limit based on your credit needs, the references you provide, and your history with us.
- Past due accounts are subject to a 1.5% per month service charge (18% APR). Any account which becomes substantially overdue will revert to PIA for future orders.
- No C.O.D. orders under any circumstances.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for returned checks or declined credit cards.
- Accounts inactive for 2 years will revert to PIA and will require a new credit application.
UPS, Trucking & Pick-ups
- Our primary shipping season is from February 1st - April 15th when plants are most dormant. We do not recommend bareroot shipments beyond April 15. Container grown plants can generally be shipped year-round. We will ship best way after careful review of weather, plant condition, your delivery flexibility, and freight cost. UPS 3-Day is your most secure transport investment. If you instruct us to ship by UPS Ground only, you must accept responsibility for any plant loss due to plants freezing or spoiling in transit.
- If plants are designated TRUCK ONLY they must be shipped by truck or picked up at the nursery. If your order needs to be shipped by your broker or your own truck, please let us know whom to contact.
- We will charge you $150 to arrange trucking.
- We do not deliver.
- Set your pickup date carefully, please. Give us at least two weeks notice when scheduling a pick-up, and try to schedule it for Thursday or Friday. Please give us a courtesy call a week ahead if your plans change.
- If you do not show up on the pick up date you specify we charge a re-stocking fee of $200 after 2 days.
- Boxes/packing material charged at cost.
- Phytosanitary Certificate (PC) and export document fee is $100. PC expires 14 days after issuance. If you delay or request a different ship date after we get a PC. we may have to get a new PC, for which a $100 additional fee will apply.
- Please give us your customs broker information as soon as possible.
- Canadian clients note: Please be certain to include on your import permit that soil/artificial soil mix is permitted, otherwise you will incur expensive and unnecessary washing fees.
- All payments must be made in US funds only. Wired funds preferred: please verify arrangements with us.
- We assemble orders 1 week before the scheduled ship week. Please give us advance courtesy notice of your need to reduce/change your order so that we can re-allocate plants for other clients who may have them back-ordered.
- A major order reduction or cancellation after an order has been staged will incur a 20% restocking fee.
- If we don’t hear from you after our final letter, your order will be canceled and future orders may require a 50% deposit before confirmation.