The Fine Print
- WHOLESALE ONLY. Minimum plant order $750 in US/Canada. Prices FOB our nursery.
- Please order in full bundles (shown alongside prices).
- We will acknowledge your order soon after you place it. As final harvest grades and counts come in, we will know more accurately what we will ship and call you if there are significant concerns.
- We will do our best to match the sizes and quantities in your order. However, at shipping we may still need to substitute a size smaller or larger than we originally acknowledged unless you specify “no substitutions”.
Deposits and Payment
If you are on Pay in Advance (PIA) terms you must submit a 25% deposit within a month of confirmation to reserve plants. If you cancel your spring order after January 15, or fail to complete full payment you may forfeit your deposit.
PIA customers prepay for plants and shipping costs based on our best estimate of total charges. Despite our experienced judgement on expected UPS charges, if there's a remaining shipping balance, we'll simply bill you the final charges. Over payment will be refunded or credited to a future order.
Unpaid balance of the order, including freight, must be received at minimum 3 weeks before scheduled ship date to avoid delay and/or deposit forfeiture.
Orders not secured by a deposit will receive lower priority in the event of crop shortage.
No new order will be confirmed if your account is past due.
- To established customers with a record of timely payment, we extend terms of Net 30 days.
- To request credit terms, customers must complete the credit application available online or from our office.
- Verifying credit takes at least 2-3 weeks. Please allow sufficient time to complete this process before your order is scheduled to ship. We will establish a reasonable limit based on your credit needs, the references you provide, and your history with us.
- Credit card payment will incur a 3% surcharge.
- Past due accounts are subject to a 1.5% per month service charge (18% APR). Any account which becomes substantially overdue will revert to PIA for future orders.
- No C.O.D. orders under any circumstances.
- A $25.00 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- Accounts inactive for 2 years will revert to PIA and will need to fill out a new credit application.
UPS, Trucking & Pick-ups
- Our primary shipping season is from February 1st - April 15th when plants are most dormant. We do not recommend bareroot shipments past March 31. Container grown plants can generally be picked up year-round.
- We will ship the best way after careful review of weather, plant condition, your delivery flexibility, and freight cost. UPS3 Day is your most secure delivery investment. If you instruct us to ship by UPS Ground, you must accept responsibility for any plant loss due to plants freezing or spoiling in transit. Plants taller than 5 ft. must be shipped by truck or picked up at the nursery. If your order needs to be shipped by your broker or your own truck, please let us know whom to contact.
- We charge $150 to arrange trucking.
- We do not deliver plants.
- Set your pickup date carefully, please. Give us at least two weeks notice when scheduling a pickup, and try to schedule it for Thursday or Friday. Give us a courtesy call if your plans change, please.
- If you do not show up on the pick up date you specify we charge a re-stocking fee of $200 after 2 days.
- Boxes/packing material charged at cost.
- Phytosanitary Certificate (PC) and export document fee is $100. PC expires 14 days after issuance. If you delay or request a different ship date after we get a PC for your order, we may have to get a new PC, for which a $100 additional fee will apply.
- Please be certain to include on your import permit that soil/artificial soil mix is permitted; otherwise, you will incur washing fees.
- All payments must be made in US funds only. Due to COVID and lengthy bank processing times, we require wire transfer of funds unless other specific provisions are made. We will work with you to ID what best suits you, and still helps us to get paid on time.
- We assemble orders 1 week before the scheduled ship week. Please give us at least one month advance courtesy notice if you need to reduce/change your order so that we can reallocate plants for other clients who may have them back-ordered.
- A major order reduction or cancellation after an order has been staged will incur a 20% restocking fee.
- If we don't hear from you after our final letter, your order will be cancelled and future orders will require a 50% deposit before confirmation.